THE CHEYENNE CIGARS “STYLE OF THE WEEK” SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. SPONSOR: The “Sponsor” is Cheyenne International, LLC (“Cheyenne”), 701 S. Battleground Avenue, Grover, NC 28073.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Cheyenne Cigars “Style of the Week” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to members of the Cheyenne Cigars website who are legal residents located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, excluding residents of Massachusetts and Virginia, and who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers, directors, officers, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win. Void where prohibited by law.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. EST on January 25, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2021 (the “Entry Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of twelve (12) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) specified in the Entry Period Chart below.
Entry Period Chart
|Entry Period||Starting date/time||Ending date/time||Drawing date|
|1||9:00 am EST, January 25, 2021||11:59 pm EST, January 29, 2021||February 5, 2021|
|2||12:00 am EST, February 22, 2021||11:59 pm EST, February 26, 2021||March 5, 2021|
|3||12:00 am EDT, March 22, 2021||11:59 pm EDT, March 26, 2021||April 2, 2021|
|4||12:00 am EDT, April 26, 2021||11:59 pm EDT, April 30, 2021||May 7, 2021|
|5||12:00 am EDT, May 24, 2021||11:59 pm EDT, May 28, 2021||June 4, 2021|
|6||12:00 am EDT, June 21, 2021||11:59 pm EDT, June 25, 2021||July2, 2021|
|7||12:00 am EDT, July 26, 2021||11:59 pm EDT, July 30, 2021||August 6, 2021|
|8||12:00 am EDT, August 23, 2021||11:59 pm EDT, August 27, 2021||September 3, 2021|
|9||12:00 am EDT, September 20, 2021||11:59 pm EDT, September 24, 2021||October 1, 2021|
|10||12:00 am EDT, October 25, 2021||11:59 pm EDT, October 29, 2021||November 5, 2021|
|11||12:00 am EST, November 22, 2021||11:59 pm EST, November 26, 2021||December 3, 2021|
|12||12:00 am EST, December 27, 2021||11:59 pm EST, December 31, 2021||January 7, 2022|
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must log into your member account at https://www.cheyennecigars.com and access the application hosted by Cheyenne Cigars (“Promotion Website”). Follow the instructions available on the Promotion Website and click on the “Enter” button to submit an entry, and you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”).
No Entries will be accepted that do not follow Promotion Website instructions. All Entries must be received within the Entry Period. An entry is “received” when the servers record the entry. Entries must comply with these Official Rules or be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. It is your responsibility to provide accurate contact information to Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder associated with the Cheyenne Cigar member account that submitted the Entry. If a dispute arises, the potential winner may be required to provide proof of holding the Cheyenne Cigar member account. Anyone found to use multiple Cheyenne Cigar member accounts to enter will be deemed ineligible. Limit of one (1) Entry per day during each Entry Period (i.e., five (5) Entries total for Entry Periods 1 through 12). Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) promotion does not constitute entry into any other.
5. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by emailing Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Entry Period, including the name of the Sweepstakes for which you are entering, the Email Address associated with your Cheyenne Cigar member account, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), and Phone Number (including area code) (collectively, “Entry Information”). Limit of one (1) Entry per day during each Entry Period (i.e., five (5) Entries total for Entry Period 1 through 12). Entries that are not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. An emailed entry is “received” when the Sponsor’s servers record the entry information.
6. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIMING: After each entry period, one (1) potential “Winner” per entry period will be selected through random drawings on the Drawing Dates specified in the Entry Period Chart from all eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor has complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s selection of winners will be final. Potential Winners will be notified by e-mail on or around the selection date. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of a notification message via e-mail. If a potential Winner fails to respond within five (5) days of notification, Sponsor may select another potential Winner.
Each potential Winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (the “Prize Acceptance Release”), and return same within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. A potential Winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address. Sponsor may disqualify a potential Winner if Sponsor determines that the potential Winner is ineligible under the Official Rules. In such case, the potential Winner will not receive the Prize and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential Winner.
7. ODDS: Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during each Entry Period, in addition to the Entries, if any, carried over from the prior Periods in the Sweepstakes.
8. PRIZES AND VALUES: Sponsor will award twelve (12) Winners one (1) prize (“Prize”) each: one (1) Zippo® Woodchuck Lighter with fuel, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $52.95. The total ARV of all prizes is $635.40.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined solely by Sponsor and are subject to change. If Prize is unavailable, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may pay Winners the ARV of the Prize, or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS”. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes, and for any other fees associated with the prize(s). ARV of prize is based on available information and may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security or tax identification number before the Prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of the prize received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
10. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, by participating, you grant Sponsor permission to use your name, username, social networking ID, photograph, voice, any other likeness, or comments for publicity purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The Official Rules, the Promotion Website, and related content and code are the property of the Sponsor or authorized third parties. You may not copy those materials, including associated trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of Sponsor.
12. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, attorneys, prize providers, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind related to your participation in the Sweepstakes. You agree that the Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be responsible for any warranty, express or implied, in connection with the Sweepstakes (including Prizes); (B) and will not be liable for any injury that may be caused by the wrongful act of any other entity, including Promotion Website users, and by any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. You further agree that all rights under California Civil Code Section 1542 (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any other state that may be applicable are hereby expressly waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
13. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITY: You represent/warrant that you have the capacity to agree to these Official Rules, have read and will follow them. You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from any third party claims arising out of or related to your participation in the Sweepstakes.
14. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: If Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event or cause beyond its control, e.g., events of nature, interference by humans or entities unrelated to Sponsor, acts of government (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated, the Sponsor may select the potential Winner from all eligible Entries received prior to termination.
15. TAMPERING: Sponsor will disqualify any individual that attempts to tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes and reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. GOVERNING LAW / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues concerning the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be governed by North Carolina law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY CLAIMS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. MANDATORY ARBITRATION / NO CLASS RELIEF: To the fullest extent permissible by law, with the exception of disputes pertaining to Sponsor’s intellectual property rights, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE REFERRED TO AND FINALLY RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS UNDER THE JAMS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS WITH NO CLASS RELIEF. This clause shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act.
18. NAME OF WINNER / OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS: To receive the names of the Winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: “Sweepstakes Winners List,” Cheyenne International, LLC, 701 S. Battleground Avenue, Grover, NC 28073 (Attn: Marketing Director). Please indicate which Sweepstakes Winners List you are requesting (i.e., the name of the Sweepstakes). For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Sweepstakes Official Rules,” Cheyenne International, LLC, 701 S. Battleground Avenue, Grover, NC 28073 (Attn: Marketing Director) prior to the end of the Entry Period. Please indicate which Sweepstakes Official Rules you are requesting (i.e., the name of the Sweepstakes). Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
//End of Official Rules//